Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Death, Easter, and Faith In Life


On April 6th my dad passed away. Easter was his viewing, and the Monday after was his funeral. I miss my dad, and I worry about my mom. This loss, however, wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. I guess the opportunity to say goodbye helped, and the fact that we know the pain of loss, and I guess its something you sort of get used to. Also, it brings us comfort to know where he is, and who he's with. I believe he's still around sometimes, along with my brother and grandmother, and nieces and nephews who passed some years ago. Losing a parent helped me enter the world of grownups a little more. Good can come of every situation. My mom probably hasn't seen the good yet, but that could take the rest of her life to figure out. My dad's dad doesn't understand why he, an 80 yr-old man has been spared while his son was taken at 56. But we try to just have faith that God is in control. Faith has become easier as I become older. I can see that the Lord is working to better me, because I trust Him much more now, and I have peace in my heart that I used to long for. I thank my God for the gift of Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment