Monday, June 20, 2005

A year ago today

Exactly one year ago, I was sitting in a hospital bed, thinking I was in labor. It turned out to be only a practice run, but that 15 hour false alarm set the stage for the most incredible birth experience I never imagined. After my difficult and uncomfortable experience in the hospital, I remember my husband and I sighing with relief when we finally drove away. I could feel all my muscles relaxing, and a wave of comfort took over my entire being as soon as I saw my home. Looking back, the hospital was a cold, stark environment compared to my house, and I'm glad my baby wasn't born there. My next child will be born at home too, if all goes well. I'll have a midwife, and plan it this time, and my baby will have the opportunity to be born in the loving, spiritual atmosphere that my first baby was. I was never the kind of person who agreed with home births, but after my accidental one, I was sold! In the hospital, I was tense and nervous. At home, I was at peace. That's definitely the experience I'd choose!!

No comments:

Post a Comment