Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Tired, but had to write

Today I'm very tired.  My arms and legs ache, my eyes are sagging, and my head is throbbing.  Yet my heart is full, my soul is resting, and my face bears a warm smile.  I feel peace inside, and I am falling asleep with a sense of comfort.

I could have lost it a little while ago.  I couldn't get my children to pray with me.  I was tired.  I just wanted to get to bed, write, read, and be done for the day.  But my children were busy using their imaginations and playing happily together.  They ignored my every weak and tired plea.  I started to get uptight, and felt hot anger knocking.  On top of that, the house keeps getting messy, and sometimes it feels like fighting a losing battle when it comes to laundry and clutter.  But as I prayed, I felt that familiar warmth come over me, and my daughter who was in the other room, sensed something, and came and knelt down with me.  I prayed aloud when she came, so she could participate, and she started to hug me as I was praying.

When I finished, we sat still and basked in the warm light that surrounded us.  I said, "I feel the Holy Spirit in my heart right now."  Kaylee said, "I feel it too."  I said, "It feels so warm and loving."  Kaylee hugged me and said, "I know."  She said, "Mommy, can we read the scriptures now?"  So we did.  

No comments:

Post a Comment